General Sales Manager
Updated On: Jul 01 2014 02:00:00 AM CDT
The General Sales Manager is responsible for achieving local and national broadcast revenue and share goals, and driving digital sales efforts from local broadcast sellers.
This motivating leader will report directly to the General Manager and ensure tactical execution and collaboration across all local and national sales staffs.
The General Sales Manager partners closely with colleagues in sales, programming, promotions, finance, technology and news to effectively provide clear direction that drives revenue.
• Effectively lead and motivate the local and national sales staffs resulting in achievement of revenue budgets.
• Maintain a positive, productive, and unique culture that fosters teamwork, values individuality, and achieves measurable success for advertisers .
• Accurately forecast local, national, and digital revenue.
• Drive training and strategic planning across the local sales organization.
• Recruit, hire and retain highly talented Broadcast Local Account Executives.
• Provide timely coaching and feedback to insure goal achievement and career growth of Local AE's.
• Oversee local yield management implementation and collaborate with General Manager on broadcast pricing strategies.
• Establish and maintain deep rooted relationships with key local and national clients at all levels.
•Recommend necessary updates to compensation plans, incentives and sales policies for local sales teams .
•Maximize National revenue by collaborating with National rep firms.
•Monitor share and CPP information in order to increase share of National revenue.
• Maximize third party vendors and partners that assist in achievement of revenue goals
• With General Manager, ensure sales support teams are properly trained.
• Ensure sales process and systems are implemented effectively and efficiently.
Essential Qualifications include the ability to:
• Think strategically and act tactically.
• Analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively.
• Take initiative and make decisions without daily guidance.
• Work in a fast paced environment; handle multiple challenges simultaneously.
• Effectively communicate with others; present ideas, facts and technical information clearly.
• Actively listen to understand all points of view.
The most qualified candidate will also possess:
• College degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
• 5+ years work experience within a broadcast television station including 3+ years managing a local sales team.
• Demonstrated leadership capability that has motivated teams
• A creative mind with a proven ability to generate revenue for the company and advertisers.
• Excellent analytic skills and advanced knowledge of television sales software systems and process.
Please email your resume to Shannon House email@example.com or fax to 530-243-0217