Chico State Student Who Overdosed on Birthday Dies
Updated On: Nov 16 2012 02:00:00 AM CST
Chico State student Mason Sumnicht died at 1:30 p.m. today after being taken off life support on Nov. 13. Sumnicht was hospitalized following an alcohol overdose on his 21st birthday.
Sumnicht was in the Panhellenic fraternity of Sigma Pi and was with his fraternity brothers when he overdosed.
There have been at least two deaths from alcohol poisoning this year in Chico including the deaths of 22-year-old Chico State student Carly Callaghan and Butte College student Shaun Summa.
President Zingg held an emergency meeting for fraternity and sorority members as well as press on Thurs. morning where he announced that Greek life at Chico State would be suspended indefinitely, effective immediately.
Copyright 2013 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.