Chico Fire Department responded today to a gas line leak at City Light Church on Cohasset in Chico, reopening the road within the hour.
The Fire Department had to go door to door to tell residents to shelter in place but got the service line fixed fairly soon afterward. The service line went to City Light Church and affected one to two PG&E customers.
PG&E said that the contractor, Buck Jones and Sons, did not call 811 prior to digging.
Cohasset Road is now reopened and although the gas leak stopped around 3:50 p.m., it is expected to be permanently fixed by 7 p.m.