The Governor signed the following bills:
- AB 2462 by Assemblymember Marty Block (D-San Diego) – Public postsecondary education: academic credit for prior military academic experience: Requires the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges to determine which courses should be awarded credit for prior military academic experience using standards of the American Council on Education.
- AB 2133 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – Veterans: priority registration: Increases, from 4 to 15, the number of years after leaving active duty that a veteran, who is a resident of California, is eligible for priority registration for enrolling in classes at the CCC, the CSU and the UC.
- AB 2478 by Assemblymember Mary Hayashi (D-Hayward) – Student residency requirements: veterans: Expands the current exemption given to veterans from paying non-resident tuition at California Community Colleges by one year, as specified.
- AB 1904 by Assemblymember Marty Block (D-San Diego) – Professions and vocations: military spouses: expedited licensure: Requires boards under the Department of Consumer Affairs to expedite the licensure process for military spouses and domestic partners of military members on active duty in California.
- SB 1405 by Senator Kevin De León (D-Los Angeles) – Accountancy: military service: practice privilege: Authorizes accountants to have their licenses placed on a military inactive status while engaged in active duty in the National Guard or armed forces.
- AB 2659 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – Vehicles: driver's licenses: Allows licensed drivers of military commercial vehicles to qualify for a California commercial driver's license without additional California driving tests.
- SB 1413 by Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-Chino) – Adjutant General: support programs: Allows the Adjutant General to establish support programs, acquire facilities and solicit and accept donations for the benefit of military personnel and their families.
- AB 2371 by Assemblymember Betsy Butler (D-Marina Del Rey) – Veterans: criminal defendants: mental health issues and restorative relief: Provides restorative relief to a veteran defendant who acquires a criminal record due to a mental disorder stemming from military service.
- AB 1224 by the Committee on Veterans Affairs – Veterans: veterans’ farm and home purchases: Authorizes the Department of Veterans Affairs to adopt implementing regulations necessary to allow financing of cooperative dwelling units.
- AB 1505 by Assemblymember Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) – Department of Veterans Affairs: veterans’ benefits: reinstatement: Reinstates state veterans benefits that were denied solely on the basis of sexual orientation when the federal government first reinstates those benefits.
- SB 1287 by Senator Tom Harman (R-Huntington Beach) – Sport fishing licenses: Requires the Department of Fish and Game to issue a reduced fee sport fishing license to active military personnel who are recovering service members.
- SB 1288 by Senator Tom Harman (R-Huntington Beach) – Hunting licenses: Requires the Department of Fish and Game to issue a reduced hunting fee license to military personnel who are recovering service members.
- AB 2490 by Assemblymember Betsy Butler (D-Marina Del Rey) – Veterans: correctional counselors: Requires the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to develop policies to assist veteran inmates in pursuing veteran’s benefits.
- AB 342 by Assemblymember Toni Atkins (D-San Diego) – Office of Planning and Research: Designates the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) to serve as the state liaison with the United States Department of Defense.
- AB 1550 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – Vehicles: veterans' organizations license plates fees: Increases the fees required to issue, renew, and personalize specialized veterans’ license plates to fund veterans' organizations.
- AB 2202 by Assemblymember Marty Block (D-San Diego) – Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children: State Council: Extends the January 1, 2013 sunset to 2016 for the Superintendent of Public Instruction to reconvene a task force to review and make recommendations regarding the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children.
- AB 2198 by Assemblymember Jim Nielsen (R-Gerber) – Department of Veterans Affairs: reporting requirements: Recalibrates reporting requirements in the annual county veterans service officers’ report to ensure these programs are maximizing support to veterans.
- SB 1198 by Senator Ronald Calderon (D-Montebello) – Department of Veterans Affairs: publicity of benefit programs for homeless veterans: Requires CalVet to provide veterans with information about federal veteran pensions, federal housing vouchers, and CalFresh.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.