Redding
95° F
Clear
Clear
Red Bluff
93° F
Clear
Clear
Chico
82° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

House Fire Caused By Combustibles Near A Heater

By Tracey Leong, tleong@krcrtv.com
Published On: Nov 12 2012 02:17:35 AM CST
Updated On: Nov 12 2012 11:18:10 AM CST
House Fire Caused By Combustibles Near A Heater
REDDING, Calif. -

A Redding house sustained $30,000 in damage due to combustibles being left too close to a heater Sunday evening.

Redding Fire Crews were called to a home on the 2500 block of Bunker Street near the intersection of East Cypress Avenue around 10:15 p.m.  Firefighters contained the blaze in 15 minutes.  There is smoke damage to the front of the home in the living room and kitchen. 

The people living in the home woke up to the smell of smoke and there was reportedly no smoke detector.  Two adults, one teen and a dog were in the house during the fire.  No one was injured and Red Cross was called to assist the displaced people.