Redding
97° F
Clear
Clear
Red Bluff
96° F
Clear
Clear
Chico
93° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Man Suffers Severe Burns While Cooking in His Bedroom

By Stephanie Montano, smontano@krcrtv.com
Kelli Saam
Published On: Mar 19 2013 01:51:09 PM CDT
Updated On: Mar 19 2013 06:27:00 PM CDT
City of Shasta Lake Man Burned photo
CITY OF SHASTA LAKE, Calif. -

A Shasta Lake man suffered severe burns Tuesday morning while cooking in his bedroom.

Firefighters were called to 5200 Bonneville Street around 10 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters said he suffered serious burns to his upper torso.  Investigators said the man was cooking something in his bedroom.   They would not say what the man was cooking, but confirmed it was not food and was not methamphetamine.

The bedroom of the home was burned, and the rest of the home suffered smoke damage.