Two Dogs Dead From Possible Poisoning
Two adult dogs that belonged to a Glenn County Sheriff's employee are dead from possible poisoning.
The incident was reported on Sunday in Willows, when one dog was found dead in its kennel. A second dog was rushed to Burnham’s Veterinary Hospital where it needed to be euthanized.
Glenn County animal control officers suspect Strychnine poisoning was used. Strychnine is typically found in rodent bait and can be fatal when consumed. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, when Strychnine is ingested it can cause painful muscle spasms throughout the body. Eventually the muscles tire and the subject cannot breathe.
Deputies are continuing to investigate this case, if you know anything contact their department at (530) 934-6431.