The Red Bluff Fire Department responded to two structure fires within ten minutes on Monday just after midnight.
The fires were quickly contained thanks to the fast thinking of the occupants. Fire extinguishers were used to keep the fires from spreading and causing more damage until fire officials arrived.
The Red Bluff Fire Department responded to the first one at an apartment on the 100 block of Washington Street. Smoking materials started the fire which was contained to the garage.
The second fire broke out just ten minutes later down the street on the 300 block of Main Street at the Hands Of Hope Mission. Cal Fire also responded to the fire which was sparked by a light fixture. The fire was contained to the light unit and materials in the room.
No injuries were reported and fire officials remind the public to use caution when extinguishing a fire.