Back-to-school safety tips
The first week of school isn’t hectic just for parents, teachers and students but for motorists as well. That is why the Red Bluff Police department is offering some tips to help people keep their children safe.
- Be aware of school zones, usually the speed limit is 25 miles per hour.
- When dropping students off, stop in a safe location like a parking lot.
- Avoid distractions in the vehicle like cell phones, texting, eating or drinking.
- Yield to pedestrians and watch out for school buses with flashing red lights.
- Never let young children walk alone and for those that do - show them a safe route and have them walk in groups.
- Talk to your children about the dangers of talking to strangers.
Copyright 2013 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.