Early morning fire destroys home
Updated On: Dec 12 2013 02:09:14 PM CST
An early morning house fire destroyed a home in Willows. Fire investigators said it started from a chimney fire.
The fire was reported at 12:20 a.m. from 120 Ventura Street in Willows.
Willows Fire Engineer Lance Chapman said the resident was awakened by a light flickering in the hallway of the home. The fire spread from the chimney to the attic, and burned all the way through the roof and garage. A vehicle in the garage was also destroyed.
The home is considered a total loss. Damage is estimated at $155,000 to the property and $50,000 to its contents. The man and woman who live there escaped without injury.
Copyright 2013 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.