Redding
51° F
Clear
Clear
Red Bluff
52° F
Clear
Clear
Chico
52° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Early morning fire destroys home

By Kelli Saam
Published On: Dec 12 2013 02:08:29 PM CST
Updated On: Dec 12 2013 02:09:14 PM CST
Generic Flames
WILLOWS, Calif. -

An early morning house fire destroyed a home in Willows.   Fire investigators said it started from a chimney fire.   

The fire was reported at 12:20 a.m. from 120 Ventura Street in Willows.

Willows Fire Engineer Lance Chapman said the resident was awakened by a light flickering in the hallway of the home. The fire spread from the chimney to the attic, and burned all the way through the roof and garage.   A vehicle in the garage was also destroyed.  

The home is considered a total loss.  Damage is estimated at $155,000 to the property and $50,000 to its contents.  The man and woman who live there escaped without injury.