Meet Chadwick Boseman
Published On: Jul 28 2014 09:25:30 AM CDT
Chadwick Boseman is getting early Oscar buzz for his portrayal of James Brown in “Get on Up.” Learn more about the actor here.
- Chadwick Boseman grew up in South Carolina. He later attended college at Howard University in Washington, D.C., and the British American Dramatic Academy at Oxford, England.
- Boseman’s first television role was on “All My Children” as Reggie Porter Montgomery, according to IMDB.com.
- He later made guest appearances on a number of TV series, including: “Third Watch,” “Law & Order,” “CSI: NY,” “ER” and “Cold Case.”
- In 2008 he appeared in the movie “The Express” as Floyd Little. The film told the story of Ernie Davis, the first African-American to win the Heisman Trophy.
- In 2009 Boseman appeared in the series “Lincoln Heights,” where he played Nathaniel Ray.
- In 2010 he played Graham McNair in the series “Persons Unknown.”
- Boseman starred in the movie “The Kill Hole” in 2012. The film told the story of an Iraq War veteran who was haunted by a war crime.
- Perhaps Boseman’s biggest role came in 2013 when he played Jackie Robinson in “42.”
- Boseman played in another sports movie in 2014 when he played Vontae Mack in “Draft Day.”
- Boseman was selected to portray James Brown in “Get on Up” in 2014.
- While Boseman is best known for his acting skills, he has also written, directed and produced short films.