Fire severely damages mobile home
A structure fire in Bella Vista ripped through a couple's mobile home around 5:15 p.m. Saturday.
The woman living in the home has a severe health condition where she has to breathe through an oxygen tank and said she saw the flames coming from behind her dryer.
Dorene Wisdom said she stepped outside while she was doing laundry to feed her neighbor's animals.
While she was outside, she heard her smoke detector buzzing. Her husband, Russ Hovis was inside and rescued her parakeet.
Hovis said he heard loud booms inside.
"Dorene worries me because she's on that oxygen and stuff,” said Hovis. “There were some empty tanks in there; they were going off or something was going off."
Hovis said he was spraying insecticide which could have helped the spread of the flames.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze within 30 minutes. The couple escaped without any injuries. As of now, they don't know if their home is a complete loss.
Copyright 2014 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.