Redding
85° F
Clear
Clear
Red Bluff
85° F
Clear
Clear
Chico
81° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Advertisement

Firefighters respond to Redding house fire

By Kelli Saam
Published On: Mar 04 2014 06:42:17 PM CST
Updated On: Mar 04 2014 06:44:54 PM CST
REDDING, Calif. -

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Redding Tuesday morning.  It was reported around 11 a.m. at 1174 Olive Avenue.

When firefighters arrived there was smoke coming from the attic of the home.

The owner of the home was doing renovations to the home but he does not believe any of the renovations cause the fire.

He said he believed the fire was caused by old electrical outlets because when he ran inside the home to get his dogs, he saw fire coming out of the outlets.

There was no damage to the roof.

The fire was contained to the front of the home and there was smoke damage in the ceiling.