New statistics released Tuesday show thousands of visitors flooding health insurance exchange website CoveredCa.com, implying a strong demand for coverage.
Here are the facts:
- Unique visits to CoveredCA.com - 987,440
- Call volume - 59,003
- Average wait time - 15 Minutes
- Average handling time - 17 Minutes
- Applications - 43,616
- Partially completed applications - 27,305
- Completed applications determining eligibility - 16,311
- Californians determined eligible For coverage - 28,699
- Small business health options program businesses registered - 430
The influx of visitors to the website has caused several crashes since it was opened Oct. 1.
It should be noted that while the average wait time during a call was a little more than 15 minutes, Covered California is reporting a reduction in wait time to less than four minutes total by Oct. 4.