Low-cost screenings for prostate cancer available
Updated On: Sep 23 2013 08:45:29 PM CDT
Prostate cancer is the second leading cancer that kills men, falling just behind lung cancer; and the sooner it's detected, the better chance of survival.
Blood tests and rectal exams are no longer a given for men over 50, so it's important to look for symptoms or to check your genetic history. Symptoms include:
- A frequent need to urinate, especially at night
- Difficulty starting or stopping a stream of urine
- A weak or interrupted urinary stream
- Leaking of urine when laughing or coughing
- Inability to urinate standing up
- A painful or burning sensation during urination or ejaculation
- Blood in urine or semen
Mercy Medical Center is hosting a prostate screening on Sept. 26th, Thursday evening.
It will be educational, and several local doctors will be there.
The cost is $20 per screening.
Slots are still available, but you have to register ahead of time.
If you are interested, please call (530)225-7779.
Copyright 2013 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.