Man burned while trying to make hash oil
A man was sent to the hospital after a hash oil fire Friday in Redding.
The victim, 49-year-old John Keller, suffered second-degree burns to his hands and face.
Firefighters were called to the Riverside Mobile Home Park at 901 North Market Street around 11:45 a.m.
Firefighters said the victim attempting to extract hash oil from marijuana when it ignited items around the stove.
It burned his clothing, hands and face. Investigators found marijuana in the trailer. Neighbors extinguished the fire and wrapped the victim’s hands with wet cloths to cool the burns.
Copyright 2013 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.