Northstate Christmas tree disposal
- Flocked Trees: They are not recyclable and are only accepted as trash. Customers have two options, they can take it to one of the landfills or they can cut it up into sections no longer than three feet and put it in their trash can.
- Regular Trees: Curbside customers in the Cities of Anderson and Shasta Lake. Cut trees into sections that will fit inside your green waste cart. Full sized trees are not accepted curbside and will not be picked up.
- Curbside customers in unincorporated county areas: cut trees into sections no longer than three feet in length and place them next to your trash can. Tree sections will be picked up for two weeks after Christmas. Full sized trees will not be accepted curbside and will not be picked up.
- For all residents they have the option to take their trees to Wheelabrator. Make sure to call first and make sure they are open. (530) 339-7600.
- The City of Redding Transfer Station will accept tree’s all year long. Non-city residents pay a small fee, dependent on size. Call (530) 224-6201 for more information.
- Green Waste of Tehama will have two dumpsters in Red Bluff available for people to drop their trees off. One will be on the corner of Cedar Street and Jackson Street and the other one will be on Kimball Road in front of the City yard. These will be available to people until Jan. 20. If you have any questions call (530) 528-8500.
- If you live within the Red Bluff city limits and you would like your tree picked up, you can cut it up into three feet sections and lay it next to your trash can during your yard waste week.
- If you live outside of city limits you can take your tree down to the Tehama Fairgrounds. This will be in effect until Jan. 20 as well.
- Lake California will also have two dumpsters provided to them to dispose of their trees.
- People that live in the City of Corning can drop their trees off at a large dumpster across the street from 1106 Butte St. This dumpster will be there for about two weeks.
Chico and Durham:
- Boy Scouts Troop 2 pick up program: Jan. 4 $10-$30 donation requested. Call (530) 570-7178 to request pickup (Message phone) Leave name, address, phone number. You can also request for a pickup online at ww.troop2chico.com and use PayPal to donate. You can mail your request to 135 Mission Ranch Blvd, Chico, CA 95926. Have trees on curb by 8 a.m.
Drop-off locations Jan. 4:
- Hooker Oak Park
- Oakway Park
- Butte Bible Fellowship Church Parking lot
- City of Chico Compost Facility
Curbside collection for current yard waste customers:
Place trees next to yard waste containers on regular recycling day. Must be cut into three foot or smaller sections and bundled. Remove all tinsel and ornaments.
- Waste Management
Curbside: Cut trees into three foot lengths and place in yard waste containers for collection on regular yard waste day. Remove all tinsel and ornaments.
Drop off: Dec. 26 – Jan. 4 at Chico Compost Facility. Hours 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Closed Sundays and Mondays
- Earthworm Soil Factory – Neal Road just east of Hwy 99
Drop off trees for no charge. Remove all tinsel and ornaments. No flocked trees.
Berry Creek and Feather Falls:
- Northern Recycling and Waste Services:
Free drop off at Berry Creek Grange Hall Dec. 30 and Jan. 6 from 8 to 5. All trees must be free of tinsel and ornaments and no flocked trees.
Oroville and Thermalito:
- Recology Butte Colusa Counties. Contact 533-5868 for more info.
Curbside: curbside collection for current customers. Place trees next to yard waste containers on regular collection days. Must be cut into three foot or smaller sections and bundled.
Drop-off: Free drop-off at: 2720 South Fifth Avenue
Paradise and Magalia:
- Northern Recycling and Waste Services. Call 876-3340 for more info.
Drop-off locations: Dec. 26 - Jan. 31 Paradise Vegetative Waste Yard.