65° F
Red Bluff
71° F
72° F

Pan left on stove draws large Redding Fire response

Published On: Jul 12 2013 08:20:04 PM CDT
pan burning pic
REDDING, Calif. -

Redding firefighters responded to a smoke filled home caused by a left a pan on the stove on Friday.

The call came in at around 12:20 p.m. for a possible structure fire after neighbors reported seeing smoke coming from the home.

When crews arrived on the scene, they found a pan burning on the stove, however no damage was done to the home or the pan.

Four to five fire engines responded and neighbors told firefighters that a 97-year-old woman lived in the house.

At the time when the pan was found burning, she was no where to be found around the home.

An extensive search was done around the area to make sure she had not fallen or gone missing.

Later in the afternoon, KRCR News Channel 7 spoke with the woman. She said she was heating something up on the stove, set a timer, and then left the home before the timer went off.