Red Bluff man catches fire in wheelchair, dies
Updated On: Feb 05 2014 08:56:20 PM CST
A Red Bluff man was found on the sidewalk and on fire Tuesday afternoon, after falling out of his power wheelchair.
Red Bluff Police said 65-year-old Garry Parish was spotted by a citizen in the area of Philbrook Avenue and Wiltsey Road.
According to Red Bluff Police, the citizen who found him was actually able to put out the fire, but unfortunately it was too late.
Parish was taken to Saint Elizabeth Hospital where he later died from his severe burns.
Red Bluff Police believe a lit cigarette may be to blame for the fire, though the case is still under investigation.
Copyright 2014 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.