Asphalt Cowboys 2014 Rodeo Week activities
- Top hand dinner, at Riverview golf and country club. No host cocktails at 6 p.m. dinner at 7 p.m. see your cowboys for tickets.
- Redding Rodeo Association kick off bbq and dance. This will be held at the rodeo grounds, dinner is at 6:30, dance/band starts at 8 p.m. Tickets will be sold at the gate.
- Bank holdup. For naming lone stranger call 223-1188 with your guess or turn in the found loot at Chamber of Commerce.
- Bank and business judging. Contact Chamber of Commerce for judging application. Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 225-4433
- Special kids day. In the tradition of and honoring John and Fran Balma. 9 a.m. at the Redding rodeo grounds. This is being put on by the Asphalt Cowboys and the Redding Rodeo Association. The event is by invite only.
- Chili cook off, set-up time is 5 p.m. the chili cook-off judging is at 6 p.m.
- Quick draw contest. Shoot out the stars at 6 p.m. sign up at the event. This will be held at the buckaroo flats at the Redding rodeo grounds. There will be free gourmet cowboy chili at 6 p.m. Blank ammunition will be supplied by the cowboys.
- Donkey dynasty. Beard growing contest, judging is at 7:30.
- Street dance, featuring "Nathan Thomas Band" this will be held at buckaroo flats at the rodeo grounds. 8-11 p.m.
- Pre rodeo grand entry. 5:30 - 6:45 at the rodeo arena.
- Kiddie pet parade, this will be at the Mt. Shasta Mall . Assembly is at 3:30 and parade is at 4:00.
- Pancake breakfast, roaring gulch (on Market Street between South and Placer Streets) 5 - 10 a.m. Donation $4 presale and $5 at the event.
- Redding Rodeo Parade, "outlaws and petticoats" sponsored by Asphalt Cowboys Downtown Redding. This will be at 10 a.m.
- Championship Rodeo grand entry 5:30 - 7:30pm at the Redding Rodeo Association rodeo arena.
For more information, go to www.asphalt-cowboys.com