School board to discuss 'no confidence' vote against superintendent
Updated On: Nov 20 2013 07:58:28 PM CST
Wednesday's meeting of the Red Bluff Joint Union High School District Board of Trustees could attract a big crowd. Board members will discuss last week's no confidence vote by the Red Bluff Joint Union High School District Teachers Association (CTA), against district leadership including school superintendent Lisa Escobar.
The venue for the board meeting has been changed to the library media center on Douglass Street. The meeting is at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The teachers association said one of its concerns is that Escobar has proposed changes that are damaging to students.
Red Bluff High School CTA members said the results of the vote were: 55 teachers in support of the vote of no confidence, 6 against, 7 abstained, and 14 did not vote at all.
In a news release, the teachers association said the reasons for the vote are as follows:
1. We believe that many of the changes Ms. Escobar has proposed or initiated are damaging to students.
2. We believe Ms. Escobar is an ineffective communicator and an insincere and ineffective collaborator.
3. We believe Ms. Escobar has an inconsistent target in regards to what she is trying to accomplish in our district.
4. We believe Ms. Escobar has shown little interest in appreciating or even acknowledging the strengths of our district.
5. We believe Ms. Escobar is often untruthful and has a history of being an ineffective school leader.
KRCR News Channel 7 interviewed Escobar on an unrelated topic Tuesday. But when asked about the vote of no confidence she said she had no comment.
KRCR News Channel 7 will have a reporter at Wednesday's meeting and will have an update tonight.
Copyright 2013 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.